• RDTalk.org has acquired RDForum.org, the largest countermeasure forum in the US! Please go to https://www.rdforum.org/ to participate on the new site!

Rangefinders PPS

Phantom Z3

Intermediate
Reaction score
I know many range finders use the 905nm standard but do we know what PPS they commonly shoot at? LTi seems to make a few that look similar to TSS and other lidar guns without the handles/stalks.

It came up on RDF and I wanted to bring this question here but idk if it needs to be in beginner or intermediate or advanced and I can't post up there yet so @mods please move this up if need be to make it more productive. I'll catch up to it once everyone gets their ranking back.

Heywood

Live Fast Die Young Leave A Good Looking Corpse
Advanced
Reaction score
A range finder is only looking for distance where a Lidar gun is looking for distance and speed.

There’s differences in the pulse rates and that’s about the nuts and bolts of it.

Phantom Z3

Intermediate
Reaction score
A range finder is only looking for distance where a Lidar gun is looking for distance and speed.

There’s differences in the pulse rates and that’s about the nuts and bolts of it.
I know they're different except for a few made by LTi but do we know any pulse rates on 905nm range finders? Im asking more as a feeler to see if anyone has tried measuring the PPS on them out of curiosity.

bslaws

Reaction score
I have an older Bushnell rangefinder made by LTI that registers Prolaser II on my TMG. Unable to get a distance reading while jamming.

Phantom Z3

Intermediate
Reaction score
I have an older Bushnell rangefinder made by LTI that registers Prolaser II on my TMG. Unable to get a distance reading while jamming.
I think I remember seeing that one on RDF. I guess I'll buy a random rangefinder and test it. Shouldn't be too hard